Tuesday, January 24, 2012

kitchen update

I am sorry I have not posted in over a week! Things have been very busy. We re-did our kitchen and we adopted a new dog into our family. So, I have been focused on getting Arlo, a two and a half year old Miniature Pinscher, settled in and making sure Rosie Mae is ok with this massive life change. More on that in another post...

Back to the kitchen... Someday we would love to remodel our funky kitchen, but that is financially out of the question at this point. So instead we have finally taken the time to paint it. It's a small kitchen and the only window is on the back wall (not pictured) which is north facing. So, after thinking about lots of different color options, I decided that white would be best to open the space up and give it a clean fresh feel (I know, you're shocked). I also replaced all the hardware on the cabinets with ceramic knobs I bought on sale from Anthropologie nearly a year ago. I wasn't sure at the time what color we would paint things, but I loved them and I knew they would be the right ones.

We did some other little things to update the room. We spray painted all the hinge hardware black as well as the base of the sconce above the kitchen sink. At some point when we re-do the lighting in that room, we will replace it, but until then, it's much nicer black. I also swapped out the art work for some art made by friends and spray painted some letters from the craft store for EAT.

In the end, I am much happier with the kitchen in this state and think the boring gray counter tops even look better. Small progress, but it's a good change, especially during this dark time of year.

Before...


After...






Photos via tidbits

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! You brightened up that space. How is the new pup working out. Be patient ;should Mr. Peabody is finally making progress!
    I just finished making a funky cabinet for all of the baking sheets etc. Feels so great to get things in order. I'll post a photo. Love to you- Marilyn

    ReplyDelete