Tuesday, October 4, 2011

no more dungeon

Woohoo! I finished updating our previously referred to "dungeon bathroom," over the weekend. The bathroom that had a pull cord light, now even has a light switch, thanks to my hubby. I still have a few touch up things to do (staining the curtain rod) and we want to put a new floor in eventually (I am thinking dark stained bamboo), but overall I am feeling very happy with the outcome.

We had fun picking out a light for the room from Schoolhouse Electric. The chalk board I painted on the wall using chalk board paint (a personal fave) and used a frame I bought at a second hand store and have been saving for the right project. It was decorated immediately by my 4 year old friend, Mary. I am looking forward to that being a revolving piece of art work! The jars for storage worked out great. I'll post more on those later as I think everyone should do it! Here are some before and after shots of my project...







1 comment: