Thursday, December 22, 2011

tilting toward the sun

As I write this, the earth is moving just enough that the sun will start to shine on us a bit longer tomorrow. Although the speed at which the light returns seems incremental - one day soon - I will suddenly realize that it is light enough to take Rosie for a walk after work. I will take notice of seeing the sunset on my way home from the office, instead of from my office window.

The winters here (and the summers actually) are not always easy for me. Even being the home grown Alaskan that I am, the continual gray and bone chilling damp, is a struggle for me. I do, however, appreciate the keen awareness we have of things such as the returning and dying out of the light, simply because we live in this place. It is in your face, you can't miss it and so, you make time to celebrate it. It is one of many unique parts to this place in which we make our homes. A place that truly can be the most magnificent and the most unforgiving.

So, cheers to the returning of the light my dears. May your dark days be no longer and may the light bring to you many happy days, fruitful gardens, and quiet peace. xo



photo via tidbits

No comments:

Post a Comment