Thursday, November 24, 2011

happy thanksgiving

On this Thanksgiving morning, we awake here in Juneau to a winter wonderland outside. A beautiful morning. And as I sit and reflect on all that I have to be thankful for, I am humbled. Today I will take a walk with my husband and our tiny dog in the fluffy stuff outside, we will cook an organic free range turkey and I will finish the 8th and final step of Julia Child's shrimp bisque recipe that I started last night, with locally caught shrimp my dad gave us. Friends and family will come over and we will all sit around our table to eat, laugh, share stories and enjoy each other. We will talk to our family members who are far away on the phone and wish them a happy day and tell them we love and miss them. And when I crawl into bed tonight, next to the man I love, I will say my thanks again - to myself - to God - to whoever might be listening - and I will do my best to keep it with me. So my dears, I wish you the very best of days and I am thankful to each of you for being a part of my life. Our table is set. We are ready. xo


photo via tidbits

No comments:

Post a Comment